Monday, May 17, 2010

Breezing Forms for Joomla: Captcha Image Sucks

If you've used Joomla for websites that require custom forms, you've probably heard about Breezing Forms, or it's predecessor, Facile Forms. Breezing forms is the best Joomla component you can use for custom forms, in my opinion, but it is not without it's flaws. The programmer, however usually addresses bugs pretty quickly, and is available to help with problems that come up.

When I upgraded to a new version, 1.65 I think, I was dismayed to see the huge, red and blue captcha image in a big bubbly font. The old captcha image was small and could fit onto compact forms, worked into webpage content to increase conversion. Now the captcha image itself was about 1/2 the size of many of my forms!

Luckily, this is something that you can configure. There's a file available just for that purpose:
/components/com_facileforms/images/captcha/secureimage_show.php
Open up the file you'll see well commented parameters that allow you to change the size, distortion, font, font color, number of characters, and background of the Breezing Forms captcha image.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice post. I learn something new andԁ сhаllenging on blogs I stumblеupοn every day.
It's always interesting to read articles from other writers and use something from other sites.


Thanks
Web Design Company